Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My Sewing Machine: Episewed 1

My husband bought me a sewing machine for Christmas and I am sew super excited! I'd never used a machine before and could barely sew a button on a shirt, but this machine is the best!

My first project with the machine was to make it a cover to protect it from dust, dog, etc...I have no idea why I thought this was a good first project, it was pretty difficult, but I made things up as I went along. I learned a lot of lessons as I went, most importantly "measure twice cut once, blah blah blah".

I chose a few different scrap patterns that matched at a local fabric store and cut out the pieces to make a nice design. Unfortunately since I was learning as I went, I didn't adapt this craft into a tutorial. I promise to post tutorials that are quick and easy as I learn. But right now, this post is just for bragging rights =).


No comments:

Post a Comment