Sunday, March 25, 2012

1d. Crossword Clock

This one was simple but time consuming. Pun intended. I knew I wanted to make a clock with this block of scrap wood, but didn't know what direction to go in. The idea for a crossword clock came about because I HATE numbers, LIKE words and LOVE crossword puzzles! 

1. I started with an unfinished piece of scrap wood, about 24" square. Unfortunately my plan for no numbers backfired when I had to do about 3 hours of math to figure out the size of each crossword square. Once I got the math out of the way, I drew the grid in pencil...which also took some time.

2. Next I used a lot of painters tape so I could paint the lines, black squares and letters. More time.
3. Then I stopped taking pictures. Whoops! After applying all of the black paint I let it dry and then stained over the entire clock with an antique stain. Next I drilled a hole and attached a regular old clock kit.


2 comments:

  1. Um ... I think you stole my design. You could at least give me credit for my work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. Now you have credit on my page.

      Delete