Monday, October 3, 2011

Baby Nursery Craft for Dumbos

My friend Kristen is having a baby soon. I'm cool with it. To prove it, I decided to make her some wall decor for her baby girl's nursery--which is elephant themed. 

Step 1: Pick a nice matted frame (I found mine at Homegoods for $12 and chose espresso colored wood since her crib was a darker wood)

Step 2: Find mixed media prints like newspaper, craft paper, recycled greeting cards, wrapping paper, product packaging, etc. (I chose a lot of purple colors since it's this mommy's fav)

Step 3: Draw an elementary looking elephant on a scratch paper (this is for you to trace onto the mixed media so you can cut the individual pieces easily)

Step 4: Cut your elephant into five pieces; butt, head/trunk, ear, 2 water splashes

Step 4: Use craft glue to adhere the pieces together on a solid-color piece of craft paper and frame. Voila!


An easy tusk, that e'll cost you peanuts and she'll never forget! 

K, I'm done.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! This is the recipient of this fabulous elf-ephant! It is true, I will NEVER forget it. It is perfect for the empty wall in our nursery, and it was clearly made with LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really easy and fun! Definitely gonna be doing this one soon. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete