Monday, October 3, 2011

Pottery Barn Lamps

There are a few "mom" sayings that stick in my head from growing up.
1) Don't let the bed bugs bite (after the bed bug epidemic of 2010 I hope mom's used their best judgment, held some kind of conference and retired this one)
2) Money doesn't grow on trees. S#@* was she right.
3) Do you live in a barn? Whenever my mom said it, I stood their dumbfounded racking my brain to no avail for a smart ass response cause WTF does that even mean? Something about a door ajar I think, but no one can really be sure.

Now that I am a smart ass adult, I do have an answer MOM...Yes, I think I live in Pottery Barn. 

Horrendous segue. But it's true, I really like Pottery Barn and wish I could afford to furnish my home with everything they sell. But S#@* money doesn't grow on trees!

This very long post is the introduction to my first project as diy elf. I was in Pottery Barn and fell in love with their Glass Wine Jug Lamps which were $199 EACH. After the sticker shock, I was on my way out the door (which I left open) when a, eh, light bulb went off. YOU CAN MAKE THESE EASY ELF!

And mine:
(I am really going to need to get better at photography to continue this blog)
Lamp: Ikea $49.99; Rope: Home Depot $2.99
Savings: $146

Goodnight. Don't let the bed bugs bite. =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment